Nothing says summer like the tangy zing of fresh lemon, whether it’s squeezed into an icy-cold drink, paired with poppy seeds in homemade muffins or incorporated into a savory recipe, like this easy-to-make fish dish. Fresh slices of this favorite fruit plus a sprinkling of lemon-pepper seasoning create a double burst of lemon flavor, while mellow basil adds subtle herbal tones. From prep to plate, this light dinner takes less than 25 minutes to make. Give it a go to celebrate the start of the season!
Baked Lemon-Basil Salmon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut three shallow slits in each salmon filet; stuff with basil.
3. Drizzle or spray olive oil on each filet. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning and top with 2-3 lemon slices.
4. Arrange each filet on parchment paper and wrap, like a burrito. Place wrapped filets on a baking sheet.
5. Bake filets for about 20 minutes or until salmon becomes flaky.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014