Platters overflow with cookies. Pies are piled high. There’s no shortage of sweets on your holiday table, but are any of them healthy? Bring on the baked pears! These festive fruits are warmed and drizzled with raw honey and non-fat Greek yogurt for a nutritious and delicious dessert. Top with a sprinkling of homemade granola to keep the sugar count down and elegance level up.
Recipe by Amy Clevenger, fitfunandfantastic.com
1. To make granola, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In medium-sized bowl, combine oats, almonds and bananas. Add cinnamon and apple pie spice to taste. Spread on parchment-lined baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, flipping half way through. (Tip: Watch carefully so granola doesn’t burn.)
2. To make baked pear, preheat overn to 350 degrees F. Slice fruit in half. Place on foil-covered baking sheet, cut side facing up. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until soft and starting to juice. Remove from oven; drizzle with yogurt and honey and top with granola.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014