Light, fluffy and full of flavor, quinoa cooks up a lot like rice, yet it’s richer in flavor (with a hint of nuttiness) and packs in more protein, fiber, iron, magnesium and other big-name minerals than a serving of your favorite brown grain. Toss it with colorful butternut squash cubes and crisp, delicate pomegranate seeds for a tasty side dish or healthy vegan lunch.
Butternut Squash & Pomegranate Quinoa
Recipe by Amy Clevenger, fitfunandfantastic.com
1. In medium sauce pan, cover quinoa with 4 cups of water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Remove quinoa from heat; let sit for five minutes. Fluff with fork.
3. Add pomegranate juice and seeds and butternut squash; toss to combine.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014