Just as hearty yet more wholesome than traditional red versions, this white bean chili is loaded with lean turkey, fresh veggies and a heaping helping of cannellinis. A type of white kidney bean, cannellinis have a mild, nutty flavor and cook up tender and creamy–perfect for a warm, stew-like dish that combines the different textures and complementary tastes of vegetables and meat. Spoon in a dollop of Greek yogurt for a touch of cooling contrast to the spicy green chiles.
Cannellini Bean & Turkey Chili
20 oz. extra-lean ground turkey
1 zucchini, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 (6 oz.) can sliced olives
1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, undrained
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup corn kernels, rinsed and drained
Herbal seasoning, to taste
Optional toppings: low-fat Greek yogurt, shredded cheese
1. In a large pot over medium to high heat, cook turkey, zucchini, garlic and onion.
2. Stir in beans (undrained), broth, corn, chiles and olives. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
3. Cover and let cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve topped with Greek yogurt.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Veggie Pizza With Spicy Moroccan Red Pepper Sauce - December 22, 2014
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014