Toppings are typically the switchout when you want to shake up an ordinary oatmeal breakfast—sprinkle on cinnamon, cover with coconut, toss in chunks of chopped fresh fruit. But with this recipe, creativity comes in at the stovetop stage. Rather than ordinary milk or water, these chewy, healthy oats are simmered to softness in flavorful, naturally sweet herbal tea. Use cinnamon tea and these mix-ins for a morning meal yummy enough to eat for dessert!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Infused With Cinnamon Tea
- In a medium-sized pot, boil water and steep tea for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in oats, carrots, chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and raisins.
- Cook oatmeal over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in honey and sprinkle on walnuts.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014