Poppers made with peppers are spicy, deep fried and stuffed with gooey, melted cheese. For a lighter, milder, hot-from-the-oven snack, try these creative veggie bites. Crunchy chunks of cauliflower are tossed with olive oil and herbs, then coated with nutritional yeast for a cheesy taste without the dairy. Baked, not fried, they’re OK to pop in your mouth any time the munchies strike!
Cheesy Cauliflower Poppers
Recipe by Amy Clevenger, fitfunandfantastic.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, mix together olive oil, nutritional yeast, herb/spice seasoning, herbal salt seasoning and onion powder. Add cauliflower pieces and toss to combine.
3. Spread coated cauliflower pieces on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping half way through cooking time.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014