Enjoy fries with your veggie burger””but try these colorful, nutritious sweet potato wedges instead of the classic white-potato “straws.” Filling and full of flavor, they’re made with a light olive oil and agave nectar glaze and baked””not deep fried””for a crispy, healthy side.
Cinnamon-Agave Sweet Potato Wedges
6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. agave nectar
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 cup organic salsa, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, agave nectar, cinnamon, sea salt and pepper.
3. Pour mixture over potatoes and bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Flip potatoes after 10 minutes of cooking.
4. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with salsa for dipping.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of TheHealthyApple.com; she is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer and Writer specializing in simple gluten-free and dairy-free “˜Clean’ recipes using whole foods. Amie recently healed herself from six years of chronic pain, exhausting every doctor in the country and Mayo Clinic; she shares her story of how Clean Eating saved her life and inspires you to Clean up your food, too. Amie lives in Manhattan, NYC where she cooks for a variety of clients including celebrities and people with busy lifestyles who enjoy healthy, fresh food. Visit Amie on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest; she’d love to hear from you!