In France, this tweaked-toast dish is referred to as pain perdu, or “lost bread.” No, it’s not a reference to early-morning scavenger hunts for a decent breakfast. French toast traditionally is made with day-old or slightly stale (i.e. “lost”) bread, which is ideal for soaking up the liquid mixture it’s dipped in. In this recipe, slices of firm, dense, sprouted-grain bread absorb the healthy egg white batter well, while cinnamon protein powder spikes the nutrition and flavor. Consider your new morning favorite found!
Cinnamon Protein French Toast
Recipe by Amy Clevenger, fitfunandfantastic.com
1. In a blender or food processor, blend together egg whites, protein powder, almond milk and vanilla. Pour mixture onto rimmed plate or platter.
2. Place bread slices in mixture and let soak, flipping to fully coat.
3. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Cook toast over medium heat for about 3 minutes per side.
4. Sprinkle cooked slices with cinnamon and top with fruit or maple syrup.
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015