When it’s time for dessert, I want dessert—not some tolerably tasty, veganized version of the cookies, cakes, brownies and ice cream I used to love. If you eat healthy most of the time, it’s OK to indulge every once in a while, right? With this recipe, your sweet tooth gets the best of both worlds. Clean, whole food ingredients combine to create sinfully sweet, moist mini cakes, complete with frosting that can be piped on prettily for an elegant, bakery-treat feel.
Clean-Eating Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Makes 12-14 cupcakes
2 cups oat flour
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 ripe banana
1/3 coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ cup chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese
8 oz. low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup powdered sugar substitute
2 tsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place liners in cupcake pan.
- In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients; set aside.
- In food processor, mix wet ingredients until well combined. Pour in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- For frosting, blend all ingredients until smooth. Frost cupcakes.