Ever suffer from coconut overload? Didn’t think so! Everyone’s favorite island fruit is quintupled in this recipe—meaning five different coconut ingredients load these moist muffins to the max with tropical flavor and coconut nutrition. It starts with coconut flour, a gluten-free and paleo diet-friendly alternative to the traditional all-purpose type. Coconut oil and milk are added for melt-in-your-mouth texture, coconut extract boosts the taste and coconut flakes top them off for a toasty, tasty finish.
Coconut Blast Banana Muffins
¾ cup coconut flour
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup coconut oil
2/3 cup coconut milk
¼ tsp. coconut extract
1 cup (approximately 3) ripe, mashed bananas
6 large organic eggs
2 Tbsp. honey
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Set aside 1/3 cup coconut flakes for garnish.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut milk, 1/3 cup coconut flakes, honey, sea salt, coconut extract and coconut oil until evenly mixed.
- Add in coconut flour, baking powder and baking soda and once evenly mixed, fold in mashed bananas.
- Once all of the ingredients are mixed together thoroughly, distribute evenly into muffin pan. Garnish with remaining coconut flakes.
- Bake muffins for 18 minutes. Coconut should be lightly browned and muffins will be cooked through.
- Let stand for ten minutes before removing from muffin pan.
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Flourless Sweet Potato Pancakes - March 25, 2015
- Paleo Strawberry Pie - March 11, 2015
- Sweet Potato Brownies With Chocolate Chips & Walnuts - February 26, 2015