Your local coffee shop is in for some competition. Their clever beverages may be crave-worthy, but chances are those irresistible flavors are created with chemical ingredients. Give the baristas a break and stir up your own creamy, chocolaty iced concoction with pure coconut milk, raw cacao and a pinch of peppermint. You’ll get your caffeine fix and your chocolate fix using only the most nutritious, whole and healthy foods. A can’s worth of coconut-milk “creamer” is made, giving you enough extras to brew up more throughout the week.
Coconut-Mocha Iced Coffee
- Let brewed coffee cool (or it will melt the ice and water down coffee flavor).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine coconut milk and 10-15 drops of liquid stevia; whisk until coconut milk is even and water/fat are no longer separated.
- In large mug, combine coffee, 4 Tbsp. coconut milk/stevia mixture, cacao and peppermint flavor (adjust amounts to your taste preferences). Add ice.
(Note: Store coconut milk/stevia mixture for up to a week in refrigerator for future use.)
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Flourless Sweet Potato Pancakes - March 25, 2015
- Paleo Strawberry Pie - March 11, 2015
- Sweet Potato Brownies With Chocolate Chips & Walnuts - February 26, 2015