Stir-fry is a one-pan meal that comes together quickly and can be a great way to get picky eaters to try more veggies. The key to a successful stir-fry is to cook everything in small batches. Have a big bowl ready, then add each round of cooked items to it as you go. Toss with a delicious sauce–like this one, made from coconut aminos, coconut nectar and a dash of cayenne pepper–and let the chopsticks begin clicking!
Coconut Nectar Chicken & Pineapple Stir Fry
Grapeseed oil for cooking
4 cups baby bok choy, chopped (2 medium baby bok choy)
1 cup broccoli, florets
1 cup carrots, sliced diagonally
1 cup pineapple, cubed (fresh or organic canned)
1 lb. organic chicken, sliced thinly
1. In medium-sized bowl, combine ingredients for sauce (coconut aminos, coconut nectar, cayenne, sea salt, and black pepper). Taste sauce to test seasonings and adjust as needed.
2. Heat large skillet or wok to medium-high heat. (Note: You will be cooking everything in batches for 1-2 minutes each.)
3. Add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil to hot pan, toss in bok choy and carefully cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and put in bowl (you will be adding all your veggies to this bowl).
4. Add more grapeseed oil to pan, then add broccoli and carrots to cook about 2 minutes until tender crisp. Place broccoli and carrots in bowl with bok choy.
5. Add more grapeseed oil to pan then cook pineapple chunks for 1 minute to brown, then add to bowl with veggies.
6. Add grapeseed oil to pan then cook chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through. You can also use organic rotisserie chicken, cut into chunks and heat on the skillet for 2 minutes to warm through.
7. Add sauce to bowl of cooked veggies and stir thoroughly to coat veggies with sauce. You can add chicken to bowl or keep separate, depending on preference.
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- Summer Watermelon & Mango Sorbet - July 24, 2014
- Non-GMO Recipe: Chocolate-Glazed Buckwheat Granola - July 19, 2014
- 5 Ways a Summer Picnic Supports Your Health + What to Pack - July 17, 2014