Some mornings are so busy, even boiling water will set you back. Rather than grabbing another granola bar for breakfast, enjoy that oatmeal you wish you’d had time to make. With this recipe, just open the fridge, grab and go! Prep is all done the night before””no cooking required. Filling and fiber-rich oats, protein-packed chia seeds and creamy Greek yogurt come together with tropical coconut and pineapple for a quick, nutritious and delicious morning meal.
Coconutty-Pineapple Overnight Oatmeal
Recipe by Amy Clevenger of fitfunfantastic.com.
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. coconut extract
Optional: stevia, to taste
1. In small bowl, mix together all ingredients except pineapple.
2. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Before serving, mix in (or layer in) pineapple. Top with additional pineapple and coconut shreds if desired. Serve cold.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014