Full of playful, colorful hues and free of gluten, this flavorful and nutritious pasta salad is the perfect (easy!) way to wow your friends and family at the next potluck, picnic or backyard party. Make a big batch to share or enjoy throughout the week with lunch or dinner.
Colorful Pasta Salad (Vegan & Gluten Free)
12 oz. brown rice pasta
1 avocado, peel removed and diced
2 cups chopped red and yellow baby bell peppers
¼ cup organic olive oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice (juice from 1 large or 2 small lemons)
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. dried thyme
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and set aside in serving bowl.
- Remove peel and pit from avocado then dice.
- Remove stem and seeds from bell peppers, then dice.
- Toss avocado and peppers into bowl with pasta.
- To make dressing, whisk together olive oil with fresh squeezed lemon juice and spices then pour over pasta salad.
- Toss pasta salad to coat with dressing and distribute avocado and peppers.
Nutrition info per serving: 262 calories, 11g fat, 39 carbs, 3.5g fiber, 2g sugar, 5g protein
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- 4 Things to Consider When Shopping for Organic Food - September 25, 2014
- Crockpot Chickpea & Root Vegetable Stew (Gluten Free & Vegan) - September 18, 2014
- Gluten-Free Apple Crisp for Two - September 11, 2014