Want to dazzle family and friends this Thanksgiving with a tart, rich cranberry side dish that makes turkey taste more succulent and brings out the savory goodness of stuffing, corn soufflÃ©s and other starchy fare? Then look no further than this quick cranberry-walnut relish recipe. We promise, you’ll be grateful for how easy it is to assemble when every other surface of your kitchen countertop is covered with food!
1. Empty cranberries into large bowl. Drain mandarin oranges and mix with cranberries.
2. Chop nuts with a knife or put on low speed in food processor for a few pulses. Add nuts to relish.
3. Keep mixture chilled before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Jorie Mark, Vitacost.com’s Director of Marketing Communications and mom to three kids, ages 3 to 10. Looking for more healthy holiday meal ideas? Visit the Vitacost Recipes archive for great gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo, low-carb and many other options!
Latest posts by Jorie (see all)
- 4 Ways to Protect Baby’s Skin During the Harsh Winter Weather - December 22, 2014
- 5 Ways to Tell Your Toddler’s Napping Career is Over - December 15, 2014
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon-Apple Latkes - December 8, 2014