When it comes to dessert, it’s OK to be greedy. Make this single serving of chocolate pudding to spoil yourself with something sweet after a long day of sticking with a tricky diet. Your taste buds won’t know it’s anything other than a little bowl of bliss, but your body will thank you for the extra protein, fiber, antioxidants and omega-3s.
1. Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into large bowl and refrigerate overnight. (Note: Experiment by adding more or less milk, depending on the thickness of pudding preferred.)
- Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Use coconut milk to replace soy milk and vanilla extract to replace chocolate extract. Top with shredded coconut.
- Use almond milk to replace soy milk and almond extract. Top with chopped almonds.
Nutritional information: 228 calories, 27 g carbs, 11 g fat, 11 g protein
Joanne Eglash, Vitacost.com’s Diet Diva, has a master of science in holistic nutrition and more than 15 years experience as a nutrition consultant, blogger, author and journalist. She has written for a wide range of publications and websites, including ediets.com, Natural Health magazine, Shape magazine, Success magazine, Energy for Women and Chefs. Joanne is currently the national Diets columnist for the online news and entertainment site, Examiner.com, and a features food columnist for Yahoo.
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- 3 Simple (and Delicious!) Ways to Serve Shirataki Noodles - September 15, 2014
- 4 Tips for Maintaining Your Weight Loss Success - September 8, 2014
- Should Dieters Take a Probiotic Supplement? - September 1, 2014