Recipes for classic brownies usually call for more than a cup of sugar—not what you want when you’re trying to eat clean! Rather than skipping dessert, try this healthy (and insanely delicious) variation. These extra-chocolaty squares are made with natural sweeteners such as honey, applesauce and vanilla, with rich cacao powder and nibs to satisfy the most intense chocolate cravings. They’re a dessert you can feel good about serving to your kids, and they’re easy enough to make that another batch can be whipped up quickly when the first one disappears (and, believe us, it will!).
Double-Chocolate Dairy-Free Brownies
Makes 16 squares
Optional: ¼ cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 8×8 glass baking pan with coconut oil, set aside.
3. In medium-sized bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. In separate small bowl, combine all wet ingredients; mix well.
5. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture; mix for 1-2 minutes until well blended (do not over stir).
6. If including mini chocolate chips, stir in.
7. Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 35 minutes or until done. Let cool before cutting.
Tip: Serve with coconut milk ice cream! Yum!
Nutritional information: 155 calories, 8 g fat, 21 carbs, 4 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 3 g protein, 53 mg sodium