Cavemen might not have splurged on crumb-topped cobbler, but blueberries surely have been one of the most pleasant parts of our diets since the beginning of time. Among nature’s sweetest jewels, these plump-and-juicy fruits are packed with fiber and essential nutrients—plus, they’re a pretty shade of purple-ish blue, thanks to the plant pigments that double as powerful antioxidants. It’s easy to turn them into even more of a treat with this simple paleo-style dessert recipe. All you need are five ingredients—no dairy, grains or gluten involved!
Easy, 5-Ingredient Paleo Blueberry Cobbler
Makes 8 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat coconut butter until liquefied; use 1 tablespoon to grease 8 x 8 or larger baking dish.
3. Place berries in baking dish.
4. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, 3 remaining tablespoons of melted coconut butter, honey and vanilla. Mix with your hands until crumbly and moist, then sprinkle evenly over berries.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until topping is brown and crisp. (Note: If using frozen berries, it will need to bake longer, about 30 to 40 minutes).
Optional: As a topping, drizzle with honey, maple syrup or coconut milk ice cream.
Nutrition info (per serving): 202 calories, 5 grams protein, 15 grams carbs, 15 grams fat.
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Sweet Potato Brownies With Chocolate Chips & Walnuts - February 26, 2015
- Paleo Cacao-Coconut Pudding for Two - February 11, 2015
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins - January 28, 2015