Fixing a wholesome, nutritious breakfast can be a chore when you’re already scrambling to get out the door in the morning. That’s why overnight oats are a busy person’s best friend. Everything is assembled the night before, so all you have to do is grab and go when it’s time to hit the road. This recipe calls for old-fashioned rolled oats, but to switch things up, try using oat bran. A sprinkling of chia seeds and a scoop of vanilla whey add protein, and the lemon-blueberry combo is a flavorful, fresh way to start the day,
Easy Lemon-Blueberry Overnight Oats
1. Mix together oats, almond milk, chia seeds, protein powder and lemon juice.
2. Add to jar, layering with blueberries.
3. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Clean-Eating Chocolate Chip Cupcakes - September 1, 2014
- Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Creamy Greek Yogurt Sauce - August 25, 2014
- Cherry-Pistachio & Chicken Quinoa Salad - August 18, 2014