A little pre-grilling prep-work is all it takes to turn an ordinary barbecue meal into a flavor extravaganza. Whether you’re in the mood for steak, chicken, shrimp or veggies, this multi-purpose rub works wonders—and it’s exceptionally easy to make. Just combine the ingredients, add everything to a zip-top bag and let the seasonings soak in. Unlike patted-on “dry” meat rubs, this version is oil-based, with delicate black truffle oil and rich olive oil forming a moisture barrier to keep the meat’s natural juices intact (and also to prevent it from sticking to the grill). For smaller, kebab-sized chunks, let the mixture marinate for about an hour. If seasoning larger pieces, double the time.
Easy, Multi-Purpose Meat Rub for Grilling Season
1. Add all ingredients to a zip-top bag.
2. Add meat (cut into small pieces) or vegetables of choice.
3. Let meat or veggies marinate for up to two hours, then cook to your desire.
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Flourless Sweet Potato Pancakes - March 25, 2015
- Paleo Strawberry Pie - March 11, 2015
- Sweet Potato Brownies With Chocolate Chips & Walnuts - February 26, 2015