Bars and bowlfuls are the most popular ways to enjoy granola, but sometimes just a bite is enough. These cute little clusters are chock full of cherries, chocolate and crunchy seeds for a sweet and healthy anytime treat. Tuck them into lunchboxes, serve with tea for an afterschool snack or grab some to quiet a growling belly when you’re on the go. Hemp seeds not your thing? Try stirring in your favorite nut butter instead. Or, swap out dried cherries for dried blueberries, cranberries or chopped apricots. The best thing about homemade granola is that you can customize it to create whatever flavor and texture you like!
Gluten-Free Chocolate-Cherry Granola Bites
Makes 9 bites
- Combine oats, hemp seeds, dried cherries, and honey in food processor; pulse until well-combined and batter looks sticky.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and pulse again to evenly distribute chips.
- Scoop out by the tablespoonful; roll mixture into balls.
- Place balls in a glass container and store in fridge or freezer, or serve immediately.
Nutrition info per bite: 84 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 11 grams carbs, 0.5 grams fiber, 7 grams sugar, 2.5 grams protein
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- Crockpot Chickpea & Root Vegetable Stew (Gluten Free & Vegan) - September 18, 2014
- Gluten-Free Apple Crisp for Two - September 11, 2014
- Non-GMO Recipe: Brown Rice Couscous & Veggie Salad - September 4, 2014