Good things come in small packages—even when it comes to dessert. These mango muffins may be mini, but they’re big on flavor, studded with chunks of fresh fruit and naturally sweetened with pure vanilla and stevia instead of sugar. Using almond flour makes them safe for a gluten-free diet, and the addition of psyllium husk adds in just a little bit of extra fiber for a healthier baked treat.
Gluten-Free Mini Mango Muffins
Makes 16 mini muffins
3/4 cup almond flour
¼ cup baking stevia
1-1/2 tsp. psyllium husk
1 tsp. baking powder
1 small banana
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup diced fresh or frozen mango or raspberries (or berry of choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together dry ingredients.
3. In a blender or food processor, blend all wet ingredients except fruit.
4. Add dry mixture to blender/food processor and blend. Carefully spoon in mango or berries and pulse a few times to blend in fruit.
5. Pour batter into mini muffins tins prepared with non-stick spray, filling ¾ full.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Amy Clevenger is a Los Angeles-based food blogger. In 2013, she started her popular Instagram account @FantasticallyFit to help keep her accountable in her journey to better health. Clevenger’s brand has since expanded to include fitfunfantastic.com and the popular e-recipe book series, Healthy Eats. Clevenger’s passion for healthy eating and cooking began while she was pursuing her master’s degree in counseling and guidance from Cal Lutherine University. Her work with families helped her to realize that living a healthy, happy life starts in the kitchen. She believes clean eating doesn’t have to mean giving up on great taste. Today, Clevenger is married to her college sweetheart and lives in Los Angeles with her three cats, Kailani, Confettu and Harley. Visit her blog fitfunfantastic.com and follow her on Instagram @fantasticallyfit.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014