Good things come in small packages—even when it comes to dessert. These mango muffins may be mini, but they’re big on flavor, studded with chunks of fresh fruit and naturally sweetened with pure vanilla and stevia instead of sugar. Using almond flour makes them safe for a gluten-free diet, and the addition of psyllium husk adds in just a little bit of extra fiber for a healthier baked treat.
Gluten-Free Mini Mango Muffins
Makes 16 mini muffins
3/4 cup almond flour
¼ cup baking stevia
1-1/2 tsp. psyllium husk
1 tsp. baking powder
1 small banana
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup diced fresh or frozen mango or raspberries (or berry of choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together dry ingredients.
3. In a blender or food processor, blend all wet ingredients except fruit.
4. Add dry mixture to blender/food processor and blend. Carefully spoon in mango or berries and pulse a few times to blend in fruit.
5. Pour batter into mini muffins tins prepared with non-stick spray, filling ¾ full.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.