Coffee lovers, this breakfast is for you. You’ll be thinking outside the mug with these heavenly hazelnut pancakes, packed not just with gourmet flavor but energizing protein and other wholesome ingredients that kick start your day the healthy way. Cooking for one? Make the whole batch and freeze the leftovers. They taste just as great the second time around.
Hazelnut Coffee Protein Pancakes
Makes 7 medium-sized pancakes
1 cup oat flour
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
½ cup brewed coffee
3 Tbsp. non-fat Greek yogurt
½ tsp. butter extract
¾ tsp. hazelnut extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 packet stevia
1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat pan or griddle prepped with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto pan or griddle.
- Cook pancakes, flipping half way through.
- Top with maple syrup and chopped hazelnuts if desired.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Creamy Greek Yogurt Sauce - August 25, 2014
- Cherry-Pistachio & Chicken Quinoa Salad - August 18, 2014
- Oven-Baked Homemade Hard Taco Shells - August 11, 2014