Is your fridge stuffed with holiday leftovers? Here’s a tasty way to make some space. When you tire of turkey sandwiches, use what’s left from the big feast to make this hearty chili. A steaming, hot bowlful serves up 46 grams of lean protein to fuel those late-fall, early-winter workouts.
Hearty Turkey Chili
Protein: 46 grams (184 cal)
Carbs: 21 grams (84 cal)
Fat: 20 grams (180 cal)
1 lb. cooked turkey (cubed) or uncooked ground turkey
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp. cumin
2 Tbsp. cilantro (fresh), chopped
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In medium-sized pot, brown turkey meat over medium heat.
2. Stir in chopped pepper and onion, continue cooking, stirring frequently. Add garlic and spices, continue stirring.
3. Lastly, add chopped tomatoes. Simmer chili for about 10 minutes or until thick as preferred.
MuscleTech is a leading sports nutrition brand providing high-quality supplements to people looking to build their best possible body. Browse Vitacost’s complete selection of MuscleTech products here.
Latest posts by MuscleTech (see all)
- High-Protein Chocolate-Covered Pretzels - September 19, 2014
- 4-Week Workout Plan for Football-Ready Shoulders - August 22, 2014
- Gain Speed & Power With This Mixed Martial Arts Workout - August 8, 2014