Who says there isn’t room in the Paleoista Lifestyle for a treat every now and then? These decadent holiday truffles are perfect for this special time of year and make a lovely parting gift to hand out to guests at the end of a Paleo feast.
Holiday Chocolate Coconut Truffles
1. In mixing bowl, combine cacao, coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter and honey. Stir until well combined.
2. Place bowl in freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in extra ground cacao powder and shredded coconut to coat.
4. Place truffles in foil candy cups and then into a box for presentation.
Nell Stephenson, the original “Paleoista,” is the author of Paleoista, Gain Energy, Get Lean and Feel Fabulous with the Diet You Were Born to Eat (Touchstone, 2012) and co-author of The Paleo Diet Cookbook with Dr. Loren Cordain, PhD (Wiley & Sons, 2010). In addition to her work as nutrition consultant and trained chef, Stephenson is a personal trainer and competitive endurance athlete who credits the Paleo diet for her transformed health and athletic success. Visit her blog at www.paleoista.com.
New to the paleo diet? Take the guesswork out of everyday eating with a customized nutritional plan from Nell Stephenson””now available at Vitacost.com! Choose from more than a dozen specialized menus tailored to fit your unique lifestyle and nutritional needs.
Latest posts by Paleoista (see all)
- Paleo BBQ Tips: How to Grill Meat Safely - May 11, 2015
- Are Protein Products OK to Eat If You’re Following a Paleo Diet? - April 21, 2015
- Tips for Snacking Healthy on a Paleo Diet - April 7, 2015