Psst…your breakfast toast said if it has to soak up another pat of butter it’s going to crumble to bits. It craves love from something sweet and colorful, with just a tinge of tang. What it needs is homemade blueberry jam. This DIY topping is not only fresher and healthier, it’s amazingly easy to make. And thanks to cinnamon and ginger, the taste is just as amazing.
P.S. – If your plain, whole wheat toast is pining for a new spread, most likely those protein pancakes and weekend waffles are, too. Are you ready to jam?
- In a medium bowl, microwave blueberries for 4-5 minutes. *Frozen berries work nicely, because they create a syrup-like consistency.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash the blueberries until pulverized and smooth.
- Stir in honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger until well-blended.
- That’s it! Toast your bread, spread your jam and sing sounds of joy.
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014