Kick canned cranberry sauce to the curb! Here’s a fresh, homemade version that’s so delicious, it earned an upgrade from modest side dish to star of the holiday show. For big family feasts or a healthy dinner any day of the year, cover baked chicken with this tangy, naturally sweet topping, made in minutes on your stovetop with a few simple, wholesome ingredients.
Baked Chicken with Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Recipe by Amy Clevenger, fitfunandfantastic.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
3. In large pot over medium heat, place cranberries, water, vanilla, honey and stevia; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 7 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool and thicken.
4. Pour cranberry sauce over chicken; serve.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Spaghetti Squash & Turkey Meatballs with Spicy Sauce - March 2, 2015
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie - February 23, 2015
- Quinoa Pasta Mac and Cheese - February 16, 2015