Not that you’re selfish—but who doesn’t want a dessert all to herself every now and then? Here’s a little something you don’t have to share. This cake-for-one is quick, simple and healthier than most, made from a handful of good-for-you ingredients including fresh, plump blueberries, real lemon juice and zest, plus a heaping scoop of protein powder. The best part? Only one dish is dirtied: this masterpiece is made in a mug!
Lemon-Blueberry Mug Cheesecake
1 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ cup vanilla almond milk
1 egg white
2 Tbsp. low-fat cottage cheese
¼ tsp. butter extract
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 heaping cup blueberries
Juice and zest of ½ lemon
1/8 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1. Blend together all ingredients except blueberries; fold in blueberries.
2. Spray microwaveable mug with non-stick spray. Pour mixture into mug.
3. Microwave mug with batter for 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked.
4. For sauce, blend together all ingredients; pour sauce over cake.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014