If you love lemon—the scent and the taste—these miniature tea cakes are sure to delight your senses. Like two bites of heaven, they’re light as a feather and not overly sweet like other tea or coffee cakes. Figs pair perfectly with lemon, flavor-wise, and they add just the right amount of moistness for a melt-in-your-mouth cake texture. Invite your friends over—it’s time for a tea party!
Lemon & Fig Mini Tea Cakes (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Makes 21 mini tea cakes
¼ cup or 6 whole organic black mission figs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 mini muffin pans with coconut oil (or line with mini muffin cups); set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into dry; mix 1-2 minutes until blended well. (Note: Be sure not to over stir batter.)
- Stir in chopped figs.
- Scoop 1-1/2 tablespoons of batter into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done. Allow to cool before serving.
Nutrition info per serving: 81 calories, 3 grams fat, 13 grams carbs, 9 grams sugar, 1 gram protein
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- 4 Things to Consider When Shopping for Organic Food - September 25, 2014
- Crockpot Chickpea & Root Vegetable Stew (Gluten Free & Vegan) - September 18, 2014
- Gluten-Free Apple Crisp for Two - September 11, 2014