Loaded guacamole likely brings to mind chunky tomatoes, spicy jalapenos and fresh cilantro bulking up a creamy mashed avocado dip. Unless you live in New England, like me, lobster’s probably not on your list of occasional creative add-ins. But believe me, you want to give it a try! Traditional south-of-the-border fare gets an East coast twist in this simple yet daring recipe. If you’re new to prepping fresh lobster, ask your grocer to do it for you. Many supermarkets offer the service!
4 avocados, peeled and pitted
1 cup lobster meat
1/2 cup chopped red onion or 1Tbsp. onion powder
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped cilantro or 1- 2 Tbsp. dried cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. lime juice
Sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except lobster and tomato and mix well.
- Gently fold lobster and tomato into mixture.
- Serve with sliced cucumbers and carrots or tortilla chips.
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Protein Balls - August 27, 2014
- Rise ‘n’ Grind Coffee & Peanut Butter Smoothie - August 13, 2014
- Non-GMO Recipe: 20-Minute, Paleo-Style Peach Cobbler - July 30, 2014