Maybe you’ve already met maca—the nutty-flavored, smoothie-friendly, South American superfood known for fueling the energy of ancient warriors. But another plant-powered powder is stepping up to the shaker cup. Dandy Blend—a unique combination of roasted dandelion root, chicory, barley, and rye—can be brewed up just like coffee or tea, but it delivers an herbal boost when added to any beverage. Here, a small scoop is whipped into an icy-cold smoothie, made extra thick and creamy with help from gelled chia seeds.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth (or combine ingredients in an airtight jar and shake).
- Let shake sit for about 2 hours before drinking.
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014