Who would’ve thought mashed sweet potatoes could get any better? You get all the flavor and a fun new look when your favorite creamy orange spuds are spun into bite-sized blossoms in this easy recipe. Simply drop dollops onto a sheet to make free form flowers, then bake for crispy outer edges and melt-in-your mouth mash deliciousness inside.
Mashed Sweet Potato Blossoms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake sweet potatoes in foil or parchment paper until tender; remove from oven and let cool.
3. Mash potatoes, with skin on. Mix in hemp or olive oil, rosemary, black/red pepper and lemon juice.
4. Spoon bite-sized blossoms onto lightly oiled baking sheet.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until desired crispness.
Nutritional information per serving: 159 calories, 24 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 2 g protein, 7 g sugar, 42 g sodium.