Who would’ve thought mashed sweet potatoes could get any better? You get all the flavor and a fun new look when your favorite creamy orange spuds are spun into bite-sized blossoms in this easy recipe. Simply drop dollops onto a sheet to make freeform flowers, then bake for crispy outer edges and melt-in-your mouth mash deliciousness inside.
Mashed Sweet Potato Blossoms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake sweet potatoes in foil or parchment paper until tender; remove from oven and let cool.
3. Mash potatoes, with skin on. Mix in hemp or olive oil, rosemary, black/red pepper and lemon juice.
4. Spoon bite-sized blossoms onto lightly oiled baking sheet.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until desired crispness.
Nutritional information per serving: 159 calories, 24 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 2 g protein, 7 g sugar, 42 g sodium.
“Mo’s Healthy Morsels” is written by Maura (“Mo”) Knowles, a certified health coach, recipe developer and owner of Mac-n-Mo’s, a vegan baked goods company created by Knowles to help her dad eat better (and still enjoy food!) after he underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2010. Knowles’ recipes for snacks, treats and other fun and healthy dishes appear every week here on the Vitacost blog, or visit Mo on Facebook or www.macnmos.com for more “morselicious” ideas and tips.