Get your green on first thing in thing in the morning with this vibrant, healthy smoothie whipped up with matcha and rice milk. A type of green tea teeming with antioxidants, matcha comes in a scoopable powder that makes a mean hot latte but also works well in creamy, cold drinks. This one calls for a frozen banana and a pinch of vanilla stevia to offset matcha’s slightly bitter taste. If you’d prefer, replace the stevia with a pitted date instead for sweetness.
- Add rice milk, water, matcha, banana and stevia to blender.
- Blend until smooth, add 1-2 drops more stevia, if desired. Add a pitted date if you prefer.
Nutrition info: 170 calories, 0 grams fat, 37 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 18 grams sugar, 1 gram protein
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- Crockpot Chickpea & Root Vegetable Stew (Gluten Free & Vegan) - September 18, 2014
- Gluten-Free Apple Crisp for Two - September 11, 2014
- Non-GMO Recipe: Brown Rice Couscous & Veggie Salad - September 4, 2014