Get your green on first thing in thing in the morning with this vibrant, healthy smoothie whipped up with matcha and rice milk. A type of green tea teeming with antioxidants, matcha comes in a scoopable powder that makes a mean hot latte but also works well in creamy, cold drinks. This one calls for a frozen banana and a pinch of vanilla stevia to offset matcha’s slightly bitter taste. If you’d prefer, replace the stevia with a pitted date instead for sweetness.
- Add rice milk, water, matcha, banana and stevia to blender.
- Blend until smooth, add 1-2 drops more stevia, if desired. Add a pitted date if you prefer.
Nutrition info: 170 calories, 0 grams fat, 37 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 18 grams sugar, 1 gram protein
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cupcakes - April 16, 2015
- Choco-Kiwi Smoothie - April 9, 2015
- Health Coach Tips: Brush Up on Food Safety for World Health Day - April 2, 2015