More mocha blondies, please! Once you pull these soft and gooey goodies out of the oven, they’ll be flying off the baking sheet. Forget letting them cool. When a brownie goes blonde, pumps up with a little protein and manages to stay diet-friendly, it’s hard to resist. The fact that they taste sinful doesn’t hurt, either.
My brother likes to test me, so I ran a little test of my own. In honor of him and his favorite restaurant dessert, I recreated the blondie. What makes my version so much more delicious (and healthy!) is the use of garbanzo beans. Yes, this is the secret. You won’t taste them, but it’ll make the texture out of this world! Combine that with chocolate almond butter for that hint of mocha, and yum, yum, yum.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended.
3. Spread mixture evenly into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish and cook for 20-25 minutes.
4. Cut into squares and get ready to grab ‘em before they’re gone!
Jasmine Schmalhaus, “JazzyThings,” has a passion for cooking and baking. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and then sharing her “jazzy creations” with others. JazzyThings emphasizes you do not have to sacrifice flavor or efficiency when eating healthy and strives to create recipes that inspire creativity for others in the kitchen. Visit her website at www.thejazzythi
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014