Wait a minute! Didn’t the last Paleoista post mention that there’s an overabundance of Paleo treats? Indeed, that’s true. However, this is not to be confused with the idea of indulging in a special treat, made with natural, unprocessed (and even raw in some cases) Paleo ingredients, once in awhile for special occasions. During the hot summer months, who wants to bake anyway?
The following ideas are sure to please everyone””from kids to backyard barbecue guests””regardless of whether they adhere to the Paleo lifestyle.
Paleo Green Tea Granita
1. Combine tea or coffee with honey and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Let cool and stir in vanilla.
3. Pour into glass or ceramic dish and place in freezer.
4. Stir with fork every 30 to 45 minutes to create a slushy texture.
5. Top with cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
Grilled Pineapple & Peaches (or Nectarines)
1 fresh pineapple, rind removed and cut into 1″³ thick rounds
4 fresh peaches (or nectarines), halved
1. Place fruit over hot coals of an outdoor barbeque.
2. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through time.
3. Place on platter and tent with foil for 10 minutes.
Latest posts by Paleoista (see all)
- Are Protein Products OK to Eat If You’re Following a Paleo Diet? - April 21, 2015
- Tips for Snacking Healthy on a Paleo Diet - April 7, 2015
- Should Your Pet Follow a Paleo Diet? - October 3, 2013