Say cheeeeese…cake! Your fork will slide right through this light and airy strawberry cheesecake. And by light, I mean gluten, eggs and dairy have all been kicked to the curb. Did I mention there’s no baking required? See, it’s even light on the workload. But what really takes the cake are the fresh strawberries and graham cracker crumb crust. Served in cute mason jars, these are the perfect party dish or after-dinner gift to yourself. Your call.
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Jars
Recipe courtesy of Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind
1 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs, plus a little for garnish
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (or for at least 4 hours)
1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
½ cup zucchini, peeled and diced
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp canned coconut milk, full fat (at room temp is best)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
½ Tbsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
juice of one and a half lemons, separated
- Divide and spread the cup of graham cracker crumbs onto the bottom of 4, 8-ounce jars. Set aside.
- In a blender, process cashews until fully blended.
- Add zucchini, coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, sugar, vanilla, salt and the juice of one lemon. Add the lemon juice little by little, being careful not to overpower the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the jars, layering on top of the crumbs. Be sure to leave room for the strawberry sauce. Place jars in the freezer and allow the “cheesecake” mixture to set for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce…
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pot over medium-high heat, add juice of half a lemon, strawberries and honey.
- Mash the strawberries until fully incorporated.
- Bring the strawberry mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and stir frequently for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once the sauce has reduced and thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- When the cheesecake has set, remove the jars from the freezer and let them thaw for about 15 minutes.
- Top with strawberry sauce, garnish with fresh strawberry slices and sprinkle with extra graham cracker crumbs just before serving.
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015