There’s something about brownies that make us feel, well, blissful. Maybe it’s the way that they combine the best of the worlds of cookies and cakes. Perhaps it’s the ingredient that makes everything better (cocoa!). But we’d like to do without that side serving of guilt that comes with your average brownie. This recipe incorporates the healthy fats in a variety of nuts with the good-for-you qualities of cocoa powder. Cinnamon and vanilla add natural sweetness while dates create the perfect chewy texture. But the best part? They’re no-bake!
No-Bake Vegan Nut-Butter Brownies
1. Use food processor to grind almonds. Add remaining ingredients, one by one, until completely combined.
2. Place mixture baking pan and press down.
3. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, then cut.
(Note: If you want to reduce the calories, experiment with using smaller amounts of dates and replacing them with plum baby food, unsweetened apple sauce, plain Greek yogurt or unsweetened almond milk. The consistency will be softer. Another option: Cut smaller brownies and top with sliced fresh fruit.)
Latest posts by Diet Diva (see all)
- Stay-Healthy Tips for Nibblers and Grazers - September 29, 2014
- 7 Healthy Care Package Ideas for College Students - September 22, 2014
- 3 Simple (and Delicious!) Ways to Serve Shirataki Noodles - September 15, 2014