If keeping GMOs out of your kitchen is a priority, you already know the ins and outs of label checking and product research. But sometimes, you just want a quick, healthy and safe dinner—not to spend a half hour surfing for information before shopping and cooking for your family. With this recipe—an exotic, flavorful main dish combining creamy coconut milk and exotic curry with organic veggies and chicken—you can rest assured that you’re not only making a nutritious meal but that every ingredient is free of genetic modifications. Feel free to swap out chicken for your favorite protein to make the recipe your own.
Non-GMO Coconut-Curry Chicken
1 (14 oz.) can unsweetened coconut milk
3 Tbsp. curry powder
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1 large organic red bell pepper, julienned into ling, thin strips
1 cup (2 medium) organic carrots, sliced
1 cup organic broccoli florets
1 lb. boneless & skinless organic chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1/4 cup water
1. Heat large cooking pan over medium-high heat and add coconut milk, curry powder, ginger, salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly.
2. Turn down heat to medium; add bell pepper, carrots and broccoli. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken, coconut sugar and water.
4. Cover and cook until chicken is done, about 10 minutes. Stir often.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
6. Serve over cooked brown rice or millet. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Pamela Higgins (see all)
- Gourmet Pumpkin Bundt Cake (Gluten Free & Vegan) - October 31, 2014
- Rustic Gourmet Salad with Lemon-Champagne Vinaigrette - October 31, 2014
- Blood Orange Chocolate Truffles - October 30, 2014