Take toast to a new level, dip fruit to your heart’s content! With this protein-packed, chunky nut spread, snacking isn’t just a way to stave off hunger, it’s fuel to keep you moving full speed ahead through your day. The secret is two scoops of vegan, non-soy protein powder blended into already-protein-rich nut butter. Use almond, cashew, peanut””whichever nut butter you like best!
Vegan Nutty Protein Spread
1. Combine all ingredients in blender; blend smooth.
2. Serve at room temperature or slightly warmed.
“Mo’s Healthy Morsels” is written by Maura (“Mo”) Knowles, a certified health coach, recipe developer and owner of Mac-n-Mo’s, a vegan baked goods company created by Knowles to help her dad eat better (and still enjoy food!) after he underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2010. Knowles’ recipes for snacks, treats and other fun and healthy dishes appear every week here on the Vitacost blog, or visit Mo on Facebook or www.macnmos.com for more “morselicious” ideas and tips.
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014