We’ve raised the bar–there’s just no topping these moist and chewy nutty pumpkin squares! Not cookies, not quite cake, they’re a satisfying grab-and-go snack or healthy dessert, packed with organic pumpkin, naturally sweet dates and crunchy almonds. Use gluten-free baking mix instead of flour for a healthy treat everyone can enjoy!
1 cup gluten-free baking mix
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup canned (or fresh) pumpkin
1/4 cup dates, chopped and soaked in ¼ cup of warm water (to make a paste)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 cup unsalted almonds (slivered, dry roasted or toasted)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
3. Pour mixture into greased 9″x13″ baking pan.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Let cool and cut into squares.