Nuggets, bites, balls, sticks””food in “finger” form is always more fun to eat! Make a healthier version of a classic dip-able favorite with this simple recipe. Rather than battering and deep frying ordinary white fish, omega-3-rich salmon pieces are lightly breaded and baked for the perfect tender-inside, crunchy-outside finish.
Oat-Breaded Salmon Sticks
3 lbs. salmon
1/2 cup organic oat flour (or 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oats, ground)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
Marinara sauce, for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Remove skin from salmon; cut salmon into strips and set aside.
3. In a shallow bowl or dish, whisk eggs. In a separate shallow bowl or dish, combine remaining ingredients (except marinara sauce).
4. Dip salmon strips in egg, then oat flour mixture, turning until all sides of strip are coated.
5. Place strips on baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked to your preference. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Amy Clevenger is a Los Angeles-based food blogger. In 2013, she started her popular Instagram account @FantasticallyFit to help keep her accountable in her journey to better health. Clevenger’s brand has since expanded to include fitfunfantastic.com and the popular e-recipe book series, Healthy Eats. Clevenger’s passion for healthy eating and cooking began while she was pursuing her master’s degree in counseling and guidance from Cal Lutherine University. Her work with families helped her to realize that living a healthy, happy life starts in the kitchen. She believes clean eating doesn’t have to mean giving up on great taste. Today, Clevenger is married to her college sweetheart and lives in Los Angeles with her three cats, Kailani, Confettu and Harley. Visit her blog fitfunfantastic.com and follow her on Instagram @fantasticallyfit.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Clean-Eating Chocolate Chip Cupcakes - September 1, 2014
- Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Pasta with Creamy Greek Yogurt Sauce - August 25, 2014
- Cherry-Pistachio & Chicken Quinoa Salad - August 18, 2014