There’s no bluffin’ when it comes to this muffin! This recipe is packed with all real ingredients and nothing artificial. You can’t even prank your vegan friends, because they’ll bite into this no-egg-needed breakfast treat without a worry in the world. In fact, it would be hard for anyone to worry when starting their day with a muffin cup of sunshine.
1 1/2 cups almond milk
5-6 medjool dates
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons orange zest
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup hazelnuts
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup cacao butter
- Create a “flax egg” by mixing together the ground flaxseed and water. Let the mixture get thick by letting it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the almond milk and dates in a blender and pulse until no chunks remain. Pour into a mixing bowl and add in the vanilla, flax egg, brown sugar, orange juice and orange zest. Mix and stir to combine.
- In another bowl mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and mix in together with the bowl of wet ingredients you just prepared. Whisk all together until the batter is combined.
- Slice small chunks of the cacao butter and chop the hazelnuts. Add both of these ingredients into the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the batter into muffin papers and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Andrew Olson, the One Ingredient Chef. The One Ingredient Diet is his simple answer to a world of processed foods. But this isn’t about munching on lettuce! His job is to show you (step-by-step) how to cook deliciously healthy food with only *real* ingredients.
Latest posts by Featured Guest (see all)
- How to Free Yourself From Toxic Relationships - May 20, 2015
- Is Simplicity the Key to a Happier, Healthier Life? - May 18, 2015
- What Is So Super About Superfoods? - April 20, 2015