Everyone’s buzzing about Brussels sprouts, but these little balls of veggie joy can be a bit bitter if they’re not done right. To tone down the taste, think small. Baby Brussels sprouts have a milder flavor than the full-sized version, and oven roasting with the right seasonings makes them an especially irresistible dish. In this recipe, they’re tossed with smooth olive oil, bright lemon juice and a dash of kelp seasoning, which is a tastier and lower-sodium alternative to salt.
Oven-Roasted Lemon-Kelp Baby Brussels Sprouts
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and remaining ingredients until well coated.
3. Spread Brussels sprouts on foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until crispy.
“Mo’s Healthy Morsels” is written by Maura (“Mo”) Knowles, a certified health coach, recipe developer and owner of Mac-n-Mo’s, a vegan baked goods company created by Knowles to help her dad eat better (and still enjoy food!) after he underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2010. Knowles’ recipes for snacks, treats and other fun and healthy dishes appear every week here on the Vitacost blog, or visit Mo on Facebook or www.macnmos.com for more “morselicious” ideas and tips.
Latest posts by Mo, the Morselist (see all)
- Porcini Mushroom Dressing - October 15, 2014
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast - October 8, 2014
- Kid-Friendly Fall Recipe: Fruit & Nut Stuffed Apples - October 1, 2014