Think you can’t enjoy a light, sweet breakfast while on the paleo diet (bacon and sausage…again?)? The proof is in these pancakes! Thanks to a hint of tropical flavor from coconut oil and extra moistness from applesauce, every bite is bliss with this naturally sweetened, sugar-free breakfast dish. Using almond flour and coconut flour instead of all-purpose keeps it gluten free, while pure maple syrup makes the perfect paleo topping.
Paleo Almond Flour Pancakes
Calories – 266
Carbs – 9 g
Fat – 26 g
Protein – 8g
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (batter will be very thick).
2. Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto a lightly-oiled, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Flatten/shape the pancakes with the scoop to keep them from being too thick.
3. Cook until bubbles appear on surface; flip. Cook remaining side.
4. Serve with a 1/2 tablespoon of grassfed butter and/ or 1 tablespoon organic grade A maple syrup.**
*Nutrition info does not include maple syrup or grass-fed butter.
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Flourless Sweet Potato Pancakes - March 25, 2015
- Paleo Strawberry Pie - March 11, 2015
- Sweet Potato Brownies With Chocolate Chips & Walnuts - February 26, 2015