Think you can’t enjoy a light, sweet breakfast while on the paleo diet (bacon and sausage…again?)? The proof is in these pancakes! Thanks to a hint of tropical flavor from coconut oil and extra moistness from applesauce, every bite is bliss with this naturally sweetened, sugar-free breakfast dish. Using almond flour and coconut flour instead of all-purpose keeps it gluten free, while pure maple syrup makes the perfect paleo topping.
Paleo Almond Flour Pancakes
Calories – 266
Carbs – 9 g
Fat – 26 g
Protein – 8g
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (batter will be very thick).
2. Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto a lightly-oiled, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Flatten/shape the pancakes with the scoop to keep them from being too thick.
3. Cook until bubbles appear on surface; flip. Cook remaining side.
4. Serve with a 1/2 tablespoon of grassfed butter and/ or 1 tablespoon organic grade A maple syrup.**
*Nutrition info does not include maple syrup or grass-fed butter.
Kyra Williams, a.k.a. The Get in Shape Girl, is a NASM certified online personal trainer and nutrition expert who specializes in clean eating, weight loss and the paleo diet. After undergoing a personal transformation””from junk food-eating, non-exercising college student to crossfit athlete, bikini competitor and personal trainer””Williams was inspired to share her knowledge and to help others on their journeys to wellness. She has written two e-ccokbooks and offers a 12-week workout plan on her website, thegetinshapegirl.com. Share your feedback and connect with Kyra on Facebook, Twitter orInstagram.
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Protein Balls - August 27, 2014
- Rise ‘n’ Grind Coffee & Peanut Butter Smoothie - August 13, 2014
- Non-GMO Recipe: 20-Minute, Paleo-Style Peach Cobbler - July 30, 2014