A fresh piece of wild salmon needs just a touch of…nothing! It really doesn’t get any easier than this. A dollop of healthy coconut oil imparts a tropical flavor and whole peppercorns give it some pop. Served with a side of blanched asparagus, it’s a balanced meal, ready in less than twenty minutes.
Paleo Coconut Salmon
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Spread some of the coconut oil on a glass or ceramic baking dish. Place salmon skin side up in dish.
3. Add remaining coconut oil to skin. Scatter peppercorns on top.
4. Cook 15 minutes until cooked to your preferred level of doneness.
5. When 5 minutes remain, quickly blanch asparagus in pot of simmering water.
6. Serve together on a bed of greens.
Nell Stephenson, the original “Paleoista,” is the author of Paleoista, Gain Energy, Get Lean and Feel Fabulous with the Diet You Were Born to Eat (Touchstone, 2012) and co-author ofThe Paleo Diet Cookbook with Dr. Loren Cordain, PhD (Wiley & Sons, 2010). In addition to her work as nutrition consultant and trained chef, Stephenson is a personal trainer and competitive endurance athlete who credits the Paleo diet for her transformed health and athletic success. Visit her blog at www.paleoista.com.