A fresh piece of wild salmon needs just a touch of…nothing! It really doesn’t get any easier than this. A dollop of healthy coconut oil imparts a tropical flavor and whole peppercorns give it some pop. Served with a side of blanched asparagus, it’s a balanced meal, ready in less than twenty minutes.
Paleo Coconut Salmon
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Spread some of the coconut oil on a glass or ceramic baking dish. Place salmon skin side up in dish.
3. Add remaining coconut oil to skin. Scatter peppercorns on top.
4. Cook 15 minutes until cooked to your preferred level of doneness.
5. When 5 minutes remain, quickly blanch asparagus in pot of simmering water.
6. Serve together on a bed of greens.
Latest posts by Paleoista (see all)
- Paleo BBQ Tips: How to Grill Meat Safely - May 11, 2015
- Are Protein Products OK to Eat If You’re Following a Paleo Diet? - April 21, 2015
- Tips for Snacking Healthy on a Paleo Diet - April 7, 2015