Need a snack to go? Pass on processed energy bars and make your own natural fruit and nut bars from pure, whole-food ingredients in line with the Paleo diet. Not only will you be sure you’re eating well, you’ll save on cost, too!
Bar One/Bar None*
Directions (for either bar)
1. Pulverize nuts in nut grinder until powdery.
2. Place dried fruit in mini prep food processor and grind to a paste; stopping to scrape sides as needed.
3. Add fruit to nuts in small bowl. Use your hands to mix. Add spice to taste.
4. Press mixture into shallow glass baking dish. Pat to even thickness.
5. Cover with plastic then place heavy plate or pan on top to weigh down.
6. Refrigerate for one hour.
7. Dab olive oil onto paper towel and rub onto butter knife, then cut into squares.
*Recipe reprinted with permission from Paleoista: Gain Energy, Get Lean and Feel Fabulous with the Diet You Were Born to Eat, by Nell Stephenson (Touchstone, 2012).
Latest posts by Paleoista (see all)
- Are Protein Products OK to Eat If You’re Following a Paleo Diet? - April 21, 2015
- Tips for Snacking Healthy on a Paleo Diet - April 7, 2015
- Should Your Pet Follow a Paleo Diet? - October 3, 2013