Life is peachy when there’s cobbler for dessert! This fruity summer fave gets a paleo makeover in this amazingly easy recipe. Rather than a crumbly topping made with traditional flour, butter and brown sugar, this version calls for gluten-free almond meal flour, coconut butter and maple syrup. If you use fresh, ripe-and-juicy peaches, it takes just 20 minutes to bake—but frozen fruit can be subbed in in a pinch (you’ll just have to wait a little longer to dig in).
Paleo Peach Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small saucepan, heat coconut butter until liquefied; grease 8 x 8 or larger baking dish with 1 tablespoon of melted coconut butter.
- Skin and slice peaches to make about 2 to 2-1/2 cups; arrange slices in baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine almond flour, 3 remaining melted tablespoons of coconut butter, honey and vanilla; mix with hands until crumbly and moist.
- Use hands to sprinkle topping evenly over peaches.
- Bake cobbler for 20 minutes or until topping is brown and crisp. (Note: If using frozen peach slices, increase baking time to 30-40 minutes.)
Latest posts by Kyra Wiliams (see all)
- Flourless Sweet Potato Pancakes - March 25, 2015
- Paleo Strawberry Pie - March 11, 2015
- Sweet Potato Brownies With Chocolate Chips & Walnuts - February 26, 2015