Cups are classy. Cones are fun. But to really revel in an ice cream experience, try slathering a scoop between two chunky, chewy cookies and drizzling honey on top. This sweet stack is a gourmet upgrade from the classic chocolate and vanilla version you screamed for as a kid. Not only are the peanut butter cookies homemade, the “ice cream” is a dairy-free treat whipped up from fresh, frozen berries and a naturally creamy banana.
Peanut Butter Cookie & Raspberry “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
Dairy-Free Raspberry “Ice Cream”
½ cup raspberries, frozen
1 banana, frozen
½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together all cookie ingredients except cacao nibs/chocolate chips; fold in nibs/chips.
- Scoop four even piles of dough on baking sheet; flatten cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes (do not overcook!).
- To make “ice cream,” combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Layer “ice cream” between two cookies; drizzle with honey.
Latest posts by Amy Clevenger (see all)
- Homemade Holiday Gift: Spiced Honey Nuts - December 15, 2014
- Oven-Baked Haddock With Spicy Moroccan Green Pepper Sauce - December 8, 2014
- Italian Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells - December 1, 2014