For a breakfast that squashes morning hunger and packs a potent protein punch, get crackin’ on this easy three-egg omelet. It’s loaded with fresh veggies, mozzarella cheese and 24 grams of pure protein from a top vegetarian source.
Power-Up Veggie Omelet
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 asparagus spears, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 slice (0.5 oz) mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In small bowl, gently beat eggs.
2. Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add onions, asparagus and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour in eggs; place cheese on top.
5. Cook omelet until set, about 2 minutes; flip and cook remaining side.
Protein: 24 grams
Carbs: 15 grams (60 cal)
Fat: 25 grams (228 cal)
MuscleTech is a leading sports nutrition brand providing high-quality supplements to people looking to build their best possible body. Browse Vitacost’s complete selection of MuscleTech products here.
Latest posts by MuscleTech (see all)
- 4-Week Workout Plan for Football-Ready Shoulders - August 22, 2014
- Gain Speed & Power With This Mixed Martial Arts Workout - August 8, 2014
- 4 Hotel-Friendly Exercises for Summer Travelers - July 25, 2014