Pastels are in! Decorated in buttery yellow, blueberry and purple, these protein cookies are right on trend for the new season. But forget the food coloring and sugary, store-bought frosting. You’ll tint batches of DIY cookie topping with an ingredient that will earn you the golden egg — or at least a gold star for creativity.
Protein Sugar Cookies
2 cups coconut flour
2 scoops protein (I used Metabolic Nutrition’s Protizyme Vanilla Cake)
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
2/3 cups coconut sugar
½ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup unsweetened almond milk (adjust if necessary)
Pinch of salt
Frosting: You could use traditional food coloring and the store-bought stuff, but why not up the protein factor? Mix 1 scoop protein powder with unsweetened almond milk, adding milk just a tablespoon at a time. To increase frosting, just keep adding protein powder and almond milk as needed.
Red frosting: Red velvet whey protein
Yellow frosting: Vanilla cake whey protein or banana cream
Purple frosting: Vanilla cake whey protein with purple sprinkles on top
Blue frosting: Blueberries and cream casein
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form batter into balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 8-10 minutes, or until undersides are golden.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Latest posts by jazzythings (see all)
- Quinoa Christmas Cookies - December 16, 2014
- Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies - December 11, 2014
- Holiday Protein Treat: Chocolate Peppermint Brownies - December 9, 2014